Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Designs by La Muir ~ Helicopter Framed Art

Happy 25th Anniversary to My Husband!!!
I love making gifts for family and friends!! For me there is just nothing better then giving a gift that was handmade from the heart.  It lets the person receiving the gift know that you spent time making something special just for them!!
My husband is a helicopter pilot, and I thought hmmmm.... I bet he would enjoy some framed art either for the house or the "Man Cave" that he and the boys are working on.  It is going to have an Aviation Theme!!! I didn't have a stamp for the helicopter so I chose the image from some clip art online, I just did the copy & paste for the image, and then saw a cute saying and just picked the font I liked best and voila!!!
 
Here I used some Stampin' Up! chalk to color the Helicopter to match the one he is currently flying.
 
 
To give the framed art a little bit of a finished look, I simply took a piece of Stampin' Up! Night of Navy card stock, cut out the center to give it the mat look.

 Found an inexpensive frame and there you go, something very simple but from the heart!!!
He loved it and now it sits on our book shelves waiting to go in to the Aviation themed "Man Cave"!!


Such a fun, inexpensive, and easy way to show someone how much you care! And remember when it is handmade, it makes it even more special!! 

No comments: